Sixth Anniversary Update

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Clay, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Clay

Clay Ice Demon shhh Polaris

Oct 11, 2013
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Clay
    Greetings all Aurorans!!

It's been six years since Aurora's founders started this amazing server! Do you remember where you were six years ago? Do you remember when you first joined Aurora? Let us know below!

We have some exciting updates for everyone today! I won't waste your time with a long introduction - let's get to the changes:

• The map on our freebuild server has been reset with a brand-new spawn made by our amazing builder team! Major kudos to all of our builders who have contributed both to the new spawn and any other buildings that they showcase on the Aurora server!
    • To celebrate six years of the server, we will be hosting a giveaway - through Uno! Details below!
    • Our donation system has been completely re-built from the ground up to make it simpler and easier to understand - more perks for everyone! More on this below.
    • With the release of Terraria 1.3(.0.7) for mobile, we are excited to explore the possibilities with this! We have a beta mobile server running on t.aurora-gaming:7999 for you to join!
    Donation FAQ

What does the new Donation system look like?
    [​IMG]

What will happen to my Donator 1/2/3/4/5/69/★/★★/★★★?
    All existing donators will be given the equivalent donator rank in the new system. Don't worry, we carefully designed this so you will not lose any perks from the conversion!

Do I still get an Aurora Badge with my donation?
    Yes, if you are interested in receiving a physical pin badge with your donation, they come with any donation package of Polaris or higher! You can also still buy them individually at the Badge Shop on the forum.

Uno Giveaway

Tired of the same building and vanity contests every week? We have a new contest for you: Uno! Compete against your friends by playing the Terraria version of the Uno card game on the server!
    • Games must be played with three or more players to qualify.
    • Each "win" earns you one entry into the drawing.
    • The drawing will take place after two weeks (entry period Sep 1 - Sep 14, drawing Sep 15).
    • There will be multiple contest winners - prizes subject to change but may include (Borealis) rank, pin badges, and/or free Steam games!

Comments

We want to hear from you! Let us know in a reply any or all of the following:
    • The story of how you found Aurora and why you stuck around
    • The most interesting thing that's happened to you on the server
    • The biggest change you've seen happen on the server during your time here
    • Something Aurora used to have that you would like to see return (a feature, event, etc)
    (Please keep the comments clean - while we welcome feedback and awesome stories, complaints and negativity do not belong here.)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Mein Sw3g

Mein Sw3g Legend Server Technician Star

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mein Sw3g
    Minecraft Character Name:
    MeinSw3g
    patrikk took my children

3. Rusty Axe

Rusty Axe Terraria Designer Terraria Designer Minecraft Builder Star

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    EDUCATION
    London, England
    Terraria Character Name:
    Rusty Axe
    RustyGGTP
    Hell yea brother

4. sand

sand Baby Auroran

Jan 12, 2019
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bald Idiot
    aw man. i cant play because my compooter broke down:'(

5. controlll

controlll fatima/bigdaddypapi Terraria Administrator Terraria Designer

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    Automotive Technician
    United States
    Terraria Character Name:
    controlll
    The story of how you found Aurora and why you stuck around
    I joined august 2017 to take free items because I went from mobile to pc terraria and I was too lazy to finish the game and wanted to try all the new cool items. I registered (finally) in mid October 2017, was a pretty quiet person actually, don't remember when I got user+ but I started to get more active, I made a ton of friends and built an ice village beneath the Castle spawn. I got helper around January 2018 and everyone was still very friendly and the staff team at the time treated everyone very kindly and made the game even more fun, which ultimately the community is why I stuck around. Got denied moderator the first time, about a month later started hosting build contest which to me was another big influence and to the community, been doing build contest ever since :)). Got Administrator for all the work I did for the server and community wise, and I've loved being here ever since! And I don't plan on leaving for a quite some time!!

The biggest change you've seen happen on the server during your time here

The biggest change I have seen in aurora might actually be the donation system being reworked, but other then that I would for sure say some of the projects the staff team has accomplished while I have been around.

The most interesting thing that's happened to you on the server

This was when I was a moderator, and a user who got into trouble fairly often, not gonna say the name. One day I ended up banning him after his like 5th warning to stop being a Meany. Long story short the player ban evaded and I banned them 8 times total, was pretty fun and interesting.

6. Mustard

Mustard Terraria Administrator Terraria Administrator Terraria Builder Minecraft Moderator Star

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mustard
    im just here for the e-girls, honestly

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Melkor

Melkor Serial Adopter Australis Retired

Jul 5, 2014
    sky city
    Terraria Character Name:
    Melkor
    i am here to hide from real life

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Spero

Spero Goddess Terraria Moderator Terraria Builder

May 26, 2019
    Female
    Art
    Olympus
    Terraria Character Name:
    Spero
    _Spero
    The story of how I found Aurora and why I stuck around

I joined generally around in March-April. I recently came back from a break from playing video games and I totally forgot about Terraria. I decided to scroll thru the server lists, and eventually found Aurora on the first page. I was like, "wow, this server seems cool, so why not join?" And lemme say, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made-
    Everyone was really nice and kind, and I immediately loved the community. I was eager to become a builder, but at the last second I decided to go for helper (to which I got accepted), and after a month or two, eventually mod. The funny thing is, when I joined Aurora I thought no one would remember me if I came online the next day, and hey, look where I am now. lul
    I stuck around because of how nice everyone was, and how they easily welcomed me into the community. If it wasn't for scrolling through that server list, I don't think I would ever find Aurora.

The biggest change you've seen happen on the server your time here

Hard one. Probably the donation system, like controlll said. It was a really clever idea
    Also, the Uno competition thing is pretty cool, and I never expected that (until they announced it in staff chat o-o)

The most interesting thing that has happened to you on the server

Getting my IP leaked. I never expected it to happen, especially when the person (won't say name) decided to reveal it to the whole Terraria chat. Thanks b

9. Phantom Dream

Phantom Dream Black Hole Australis

Jan 23, 2017
    Terraria Character Name:
    Phantom Dream
    How I found Aurora and why I stuck around

I joined Aurora on January 22nd, 2017. Prior to that, I was really hoping for a laptop so I could play Terraria. After playing other servers for two years, I decided to look on the server list. When I saw Aurora, it seemed like a cool place. So then, I joined, and I really enjoyed it. I even got Helper a month after joining, but got demoted to inactivity. But recently (since May), I've been getting really bored, and I thought; "Why don't I go back on Aurora again?"
    After a while of returning back, I met new people, such as Spero and a few others, and got helper again in June.
    I stuck around because at the time, I was really excited to build, and after a while the community was really nice. I think that if I never searched for different servers, I could just be sitting here bored at my desk.

The biggest change you've seen happen on the server your time here

For me, it was probably also was the sudden change of the donation system (because I had no idea what Australis was)

The most interesting thing that has happened to you on the server

It was probably seeing like 10 Helpers and 10 Moderators once (yes, it was crazy back then), and also (for some reason) Maxx going crazy before he left Aurora in general VC a few months back. The old days were so fun and enjoyable in my opinion.

10. Wortal

Wortal Paper Plane Trusted User

Feb 18, 2015
    Paper.
    Norrland.
    Terraria Character Name:
    Wortal
    -I found Aurora on a Terraria server list after I got a new computer and found out the server I used to play on was dead.
    -I think the bunker thing was interesting, although it's not something that "happened to me".
    -The biggest change I saw here was when the map changed. Or when 1.3 came out because then new blocks, weapons and armors started appearing and it felt very alien to me.
    -Can't think of anything.

11. Local Tree

Local Tree Terraria Architect Terraria Architect Retired

Nov 1, 2018
    Male
    Under a Cactus
    Terraria Character Name:
    Ravens
    The story of how you found Aurora and why you stuck around
    • I found Aurora on servers listings after another server, BV, reopened and closed. This was after a month of building in single player, and I got pretty tired of it. I stuck around after stalking Manu and all of his 3D builds and started applying for builders and woozy.
    The most interesting thing that's happened to you on the server
    • Getting greeted by a /kill. It does the trick.
    The biggest change you've seen happen on the server during your time here
    • For me, it was the staff change. Maxx: TU > Mod > Admin > Gone; Mustard: Mod > Admin > waithesstillaround; Tori: B4 (don't deny it) > Admin > B3; and a lot of other peeps too. I remember seeing Clara on a lot.
    Something Aurora used to have that you would like to see return (a feature, event, etc)
    • Less frequent spawn changes. Hopefully it equates to less stress for the builders, heh.

• Like Like x 1