Closed Unlikely Heroes

Discussion in 'Forum Games Archive' started by Pyro240, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyro240

Pyro240 Watermelon Lover

Aug 14, 2014
    Nanobot Lattice
    Dawnlight Ringworld
    Terraria Character Name:
    Pyro240
    Minecraft Character Name:
    Pyro240
    "About a thousand years into the future, is where our widely available, rapidly advancing FTL technology is starting to cause issues. Abuse of these technologies is getting out of hand, and the governments holding the galactic arms together (in a figurative sense) are no longer able to prevent mass terrorism without a trace. Bioengineering is also becoming a major problem, even though it is illegal galaxy-wide. It's getting to the point where entire colonies of people are dying from either ecosystem destruction spiraling into chaos and beyond our efforts, or horrible abominations just flat out wiping entire cities clean of intelligent life. The Capital of the galaxy's 'Orion' arm decided to try ending this war and 100 lightyear-wide depression. Their solution? A part machine, part human, part alien lifeform and part miscellaneous Special Weapons And Tactics force. Combat bots, mechanically augmented military personnel and beings from alternate timelines (Somehow, nobody knows how they got here.) are all part of this operation. We can only hope nothing goes wrong..." -A message to the past from theoretical physicist and government official AI, code name 'Eternal Thought'

-------------

"E.X.P. Class SWAT drone production code #007-9, you have been given rudimentary self awareness for a major peacekeeping role. You have been tasked with ending a galaxy wide supercorporation corruption. Track their headquarters, destroy them, and eliminate all non-surrendering personnel. Operation begins in one fortnight." -Automated Defense Deployment System LCTN 7

-------------

"Attention civilians! The Capital is in desperate need of all beings of off-dimension origin for a classified task. This is NOT a drill or automated nation defense drill message, made obvious by the law enforcement agents actively patrolling your current city of residence and military hovercraft holding borders. If you are not from another dimension or timeline, but would still like to aid in this task, do not hesitate and report to the nearest warp system. We're going to fix this broken galaxy's problems once and for all." -'Shadow Squadron' Special Forces Commander [CLASSIFIED]

-------------

So, a new forum game!
    I'd first like to state, I'll be running this primarily alone, and that the Insanity Wars series will be terminated for right now. This game will function rather differently from IW3 and its predecessors, and the games we currently have running.

The rules are as follows:

You may develop personality if you so choose to, freely.

Wait until a turn ends before doing something again.

Take a minute to listen to the music, I feel as if people don't do that enough in the other forum games.

Don't be overpowered, of course.

I suggest you try to use other characters than just your original characters, for example Red's, uh.. Red, and Plasma's wacky cast of characters of shadowplasmatic spectres that defy reason 110% of the time. Instead, use robots or some new human characters! I'm not restricting you from your spectres and assassins and derps though.

DO NOT try to take over and switch around a major aspect of the game, like making yourself one of the main adversaries. Unless you're given my permission via PM.

-------------

Anyways, characters!

There's classes of robots, aliens, humans, whatevers, in this game. Certain classes apply to certain races for slightly reasonable logic. The list is as follows:

All Rounder - Average health and damage. Standard in every way. Anything except robots.

Artillery - Low health, MASSIVE damage. Robots and humans only.

Front Liner - High health, low damage. Any race.

Reconnaissance - Low health, moderate damage. Anything but alien creatures.

Mage - Fairly customizable role. Points system applies (more on that later in gameplay). Off-Dimension characters only; and be reasonable. (Base stats for mage are average HP and low damage)

Miscellaneous - Basically anything, as long as it is confirmed by myself to be balanced. When making a join post, list that you'd like to have a misc. role and give at least 3 stat setups to choose from. Can be any race.

-------------

Join Format:

Name
    Gender isn't important but list it anyway
    Race

Strategic Role

Weaponry (Stats will be assigned by myself for balance reasons, but feel free to make weapons however you want.)

Personality

-------------

welp that concludes this. Joining period, GO!

2. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R The Elder Plasma Retired

Aug 10, 2014
    Contemplation of nature, living in the infinite.
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    It's time for somebody else that's not Plasma or Rotasma to join a forum game. I hope this one lives, for Amsator's sake.

Name: 4M54LP R0T4T54V3D, or Amsator.
    Age: Approx: 13,700,000,000 years, since the big bang's relevance.
    Race: Plasmatic Shadowspectre.

Strategic role: Mage, can summon magical or technological contraptions to assist with either damage or protection.

Weaponry: Plasmasteel scythe-bazooka hybrid. Can fire both magical bolts and molten Plasmasteel rounds. He is also skilled in standard technomancy and plasmaticism.

Personality: Crafty, mad, timeless, spiritual.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Neodymium

Neodymium That one asshole Borealis

Nov 19, 2014
    School. College. Etc.
    Idk, Colorado?
    I guess I'll take a break from drawing and micspamming. So, uh, I haven't used Radon too much.

Name: Radon, derp
    Race: Human

Strategic Role/Class: Artillery, since it closely resembles his stats via scraped boss typing.

Weaponry: A Cusped Falchion made from a strong but conductive material for electric attacks.
    Twin gauntlets which aid in grip and hand to hand combat, doubles as grappling hooks.
    Uniform: Conductive armor made out of a similar material to his sword. Reflective goggles. High fitting, toothy boots (meaning to have deep ridges for gripping the terrain).
    Radon's suppose to be an electric elemental but I'm not sure if that's balanced or not.

Personality: Cocky, impatient, extroverted, loudmouth.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Neodymium

Neodymium That one asshole Borealis

Nov 19, 2014
    School. College. Etc.
    Idk, Colorado?
    Rip, this thread.

5. Pyro240

Pyro240 Watermelon Lover

Aug 14, 2014
    Nanobot Lattice
    Dawnlight Ringworld
    Terraria Character Name:
    Pyro240
    Pyro240
  6. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

Aug 10, 2014
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    I want more people to join your thread, but it seems UNLIKELY now...

Or you could advertise a little, Pyro. That may bring attention to the masterpiece you have here.

7. Wortal

Wortal Paper Plane Trusted User

Feb 18, 2015
    Paper.
    Norrland.
    Terraria Character Name:
    Wortal
    Name: Arge. Alternatively: "Arge the Desert".
    Race: Space elephant.

Strategic Role: Front Liner.

Weaponry:
    Elephantite Sables - Attached to the front, main close-quarters weapon.
    Energy Suit - Versatile. Provides defence and increased moblity through flight and speed bursts. May fire missiles.
    Amplifier - Ampiflies and "fires" elephant sounds, though only with relative accuracy.

Personality: careful, empathetic, optimistic, pretty calm I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Mysterymage

Mysterymage Baby Auroran

Aug 21, 2017
    Self Proclaimed Mage
    The Interwebz, Cyberspace
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mysterymage
    Name: Mysterymage (Because I don't have original name lul)
    Race: Probably human?

Strategic Role: Mage
    Uses basic elemental magic and can use materials to create a concoction or as a catalyst in a spell.

Weaponry:
    - A metal wand with a gem on the end. Amplifies magic by some percentile.
    - Alchemy Pouch: A pouch to hold things in, because it's useful.

Personality: Strange, Mysterious (Hence my name dammit), Jokes one too many times and not always serious. I mean, I guess when in battle he's serious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. RedCreeper07

RedCreeper07 The Last Crimtane Retired

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Somewhere beyond your comprehension
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    *Sees this thread*

"And I thought this died years ago! Welp, since it gained popularity, I'll - actually, know what?" *Screams someone's name.*

Name: Crimson
    Race: Crimtane

Strategic Role: Mage (Only role he can fit under)

Weaponry (Stats will be assigned by myself for balance reasons, but feel free to make weapons however you want.)

- Custom-built life-steal broadsword/xiphos mix, a weapon Crimson treasures and worships while he hacks away at opponents with this sword, imbued with his own energy if needed.
    - Mysterious Energy, this type of energy is the main source for great agility, resistance, and of course lifesteal from Crimson. It appears he has mastered this energy, since it appears unstable to others.
    (LIFESTEAL CAN BE NERFED OR REMOVED IF NECESSARY)

Personality
    - Likes to boast about how powerful he think he is. (Heroic, Selfish)
    - Very offensive on the battlefield, he will try to draw first blood if he must. (Determined, Offensive-Mindset)
    - Tries to avoid anyone, and will battle anyone who doesn't stay out of his avoidance path. (Self-Orientated, Coldhearted)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Pyro240

Pyro240 Watermelon Lover

Aug 14, 2014
    Nanobot Lattice
    Dawnlight Ringworld
    Terraria Character Name:
    Pyro240
    Pyro240
    Unlikely Heroes will continue to be delayed. I would like to restart this, because obviously I didn't do well with explaining. Unlikely Heroes will be getting a discord server, where things will be put such as storyboard, game mechanics, and a galactic map to help give a better understanding of this game.

The main themes of law enforcement and anti-terrorism will remain, however I'm going to change quite a few things story related.

I'll message all current participants a link to the discord server when I start filling in some of the key areas.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mysterymage

Mysterymage Baby Auroran

Aug 21, 2017
    Self Proclaimed Mage
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mysterymage
  12. Mysterymage

Mysterymage Baby Auroran

Aug 21, 2017
    Self Proclaimed Mage
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mysterymage
    *Cough* where's the discord *cough*

13. Pyro240

Pyro240 Watermelon Lover

Aug 14, 2014
    Nanobot Lattice
    Dawnlight Ringworld
    Terraria Character Name:
    Pyro240
    Pyro240
    I'm still working on it.

14. Mysterymage

Mysterymage Baby Auroran

Aug 21, 2017
    Self Proclaimed Mage
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mysterymage
    kek, good luck then, lol.

15. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

Aug 10, 2014
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    Yes, Pyro's gonna make a non-Insanity Wars forum game soon! C:

16. Mysterymage

Mysterymage Baby Auroran

Aug 21, 2017
    Self Proclaimed Mage
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mysterymage
    Yayy! It'll probably be better than my [Sorrynoadvertisingherelmao]. I'll also try to not be meme-y in this game. Probably. No promises.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.