AuroraCraft - Suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by Danzie, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Danzie

Danzie Retard Polaris Retired

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Post any plugin, minigame, improvement suggestion you think may fit the Aurora Minecraft server!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Baby Auroran

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Switzerland
    Terraria Character Name:
    Noah
    Minecraft Character Name:
    istvanr
    Nether Warts and cocoa beans should be able to be sold
    pls.

3. Bismuth

Bismuth Elder Auroran Trusted User Retired

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 1

I am suggesting a minigame that relates to parkour and building it yourself. I have presented two versions in case you don't like one of them to choose.

Parkour Wars (Name can Change)
    There is one team - Builders. Every man for himself.
    There are three stages which we will call Stage 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

Stage 1
    Builders
    spawn in their own individual rooms. Capture.PNG
    This is how rooms look like.

Builders become creative mode while in this stage. Builders cannot destroy the Red or Green Terracotta Blocks or any of the room's original blocks (walls, floors and ceiling included). The Builders are given Two Minutes to build a parkour course starting from the Green Terracotta Block to the Red Terracotta Block. To do so, they are in creative mode.

-Builders cannot place the following blocks - Any Falling Blocks, Dispensers, Observers, Liquids, Barrier Blocks, Command Blocks, Any Chests, Mobs, Mob Spawners, Red Concrete, Red Terracotta, Green Terracotta, Vines, Ice (more can be added), Daylight Sensor.
    -Builders cannot make the Nether Portal.
    -Builders cannot place any blocks near the Terracotta blocks in a 1-block radius.
    -Builders can only place a maximum of 32 Blocks. This prevents people from making extremely big mazes.

Stage 2
    Builders
    become adventure mode while in this stage. Builders spawn on the Green Terracotta Block in their room and are given 30 Seconds to go from start to finish on the parkour course, reaching the Red Terracotta Block.
    If a Builder doesn't make it, they are disqualified. They cannot do anything for the rest of the game except spectate and their room becomes disqualified.

Capture.PNG
    An example of a completed room for parkouring. If I don't complete this in 30 seconds, I'll become disqualified.

-Builders doing this cannot ever hold any items. If they grab an item, it immediately disappears.
    -Rooms cannot spawn any Mobs while the second and third stage is happening.
    -Builders cannot lose hunger while in this stage.
    -Whenever a Builder reaches the Red Concrete on the floor or dies, they instantly respawn back at the spawning point of the Room they're in.

Stage 3
    Builders
    become adventure mode while in this stage. All Builders spawn in a random room built by another player that wasn't disqualified. After a 5 Second Delay to investigate the room and get a grasp of it, the Builder spawns yet again on the Green Terracotta Block and must finish the room in under 30 Seconds. This repeats until the Builders have done all non-disqualified rooms. Whenever the Builder completes a build in time, they will have to wait for the timer to end and then spawn in another room. Whenever a Builder fails to complete a room, they lose.

-This is slightly complicated, so I'll try to explain.
    Lets say I am Player 1 and there are 10 Total Players.
    I build my build and finish the course in under 30 Seconds, making the build qualified. Other players also do it, and by then the only builds not qualified are Players 5, 6 and 10.
    Therefore, I will have to finish the builds 1 (Which I made), 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9. If I finish all of them under 30 Seconds, I win. But if I, say, mess up on room 7, I then lose.
    -Builders cannot lose hunger while in this stage.

Winning Conditions
    -You complete a build in Stage 1 and finish the parkour course in under 30 Seconds.
    -You then finish all other non-disqualified builds from other players in 30 Seconds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 2

I am suggesting an idea to make going through servers slightly easier.

Life Hack Menu
    Whenever a player is in the hub, they will spawn with an item called the Game Menu.
    Capture.PNG
    Pretend this is the hub. This is an example of the said item called Game Menu.

Right clicking with the Game Menu will bring you to an inventory that will show you items. Capture.PNG
    An example of the menu for the Game Menu.

Go Back! will basically close you out of the menu, if players don't know how to escape a menu normally (Pressing Esc). The left of it will be Factions w/ Bending and the right will be Creative.

Above will be options of Minigames which will bring you to the little hut inside /server minigames (i.e. right clicking the stick will bring you to the hut for tag in /server minigames).

• Like Like x 1
  5. MO

MO Nolife Server Technician Trusted User

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    That has been added! Thanks for the heads up.

6. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 3

I am suggesting a minigame that relates to adventure maps and infinite possibilities.

Rooms (Name may Change)
    This game is not player competitive or player teamwork - It's just essentially an adventure map.

All players will spawn at the first Room, which is handmade by someone. Upon finishing the said room, they spawn into the second room, and then the third, etc. Anyone that makes a good room will be added into the minigame of Rooms, meaning this technically can go infinite rooms if we offer infinite effort.

Every 5 Rooms is a Checkpoint Room. Whenever someone dies in Rooms, they spawn back at the Checkpoint Room. This makes it more difficult (And a bit tedious) so the difficulty is still there without just making them ridiculously long or stupidly hard (i.e. Shoot five targets 300 blocks away!!).

I'm willing to build lots of rooms for Rooms if it becomes a thing and I'm sure others will too.

Rooms made by other players CANNOT include -
    -Guessing and checking
    -Things that involve other players to work
    -Things that people can't universally do (i.e. A question that only certain people will know)
    -Things that are too time consuming or too difficult
    -Unfair requirements (i.e. Aurorium, votes, certain ranks)

Ideas for Rooms Include
    -Parkour
    -Dropper
    -Puzzles
    -Aiming
    -Mob fighting
    -Reactions
    -Finding the button

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  7. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 4

I'm suggesting an idea to rehash minigames a bit more by giving diversity and giving a better sense of freshness on them by polishing them.

On the topic of Diversity in Minigames

Adding classes is a neat idea that can add a bit more to each game.
    Classes will add diversity and bring something new with them in every gamemode - Note not all gamemodes require classes to be with them. One class will always be free while others require Aurorium to buy. Classes are balanced and are all equally good, it's just that some have to be bought due to convolution or difficulty, plus gives another use for Aurorium other than factions and allows a sense of achievement upon doing so.
    Although I'm no balancing expert and I do not know what is possible with plugins and what isn't, here are some ideas for classes of the Tag minigame at the moment.

Traveller - Free
    Gain Swiftness I in the grace period.
    After running for two seconds, gain Swiftness I until you stop running.

Archer - 300 Aurorium
    Spawn with a Bow with 1 Durability left and a single Arrow.

Hoarder - 300 Aurorium
    Killing someone makes them drop all items other than their instant-kill stick.

Time Winder - 500 Aurorium
    Spawn with an item that consumes itself and makes you spawn at the spawning point of the map upon use. Using it announces it into chat.

Detective - 500 Aurorium
    Spawn with a compass that points towards the second closest player.

On the topic of polishing
    This section is mainly about tag and spleef, since these are the only minigames we currently have.

Lobbies are no longer focused around each individual map - Instead, they're for the minigame in general. The lobby should have something to kill time while waiting (i.e. parkour course, picture of what the map looks like, a brief description of the rules on the signs, etc) and will have a section showing off the classes for buying them and changing to them while waiting. Whenever a player is ready, they will type /vote <Map Name (Forest, Desert, Jungle, etc.). Whichever gets the most votes once at least x amount of people vote wins - Ties prolong the vote duration. After 10 seconds of a map being decided, they will spawn into it.
    For games like Tag where there are said "grace periods", players immediately can move with an announcement in chat saying how much seconds are left. In the final 5 seconds, it will announce both in chat each second until it reaches 0 (Which it says something along the lines of "Grace period is over!") along with showing the numbers count down on your screen.
    maxresdefault (7).jpg
    An example of what I mean by showing the countdown on your screen. Replace "The Game Will Start In..." with 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 in a span of 5 seconds.

For games like Spleef where you spawn in with no grace period, players will spawn in their location and then become unable to move. In the next 5 seconds there is a 5 second countdown showing in chat and on the screen. When it reaches 5, the game officially starts and players can move once again.

Spectating should make players go into Spectator Mode, or /gamemode 3. They cannot leave the area they're spectating (If you try to, it spawns you back at the map) and you can leave by typing /spawn or /leave.

Winning should be put into Third, Second and First places. Each slot will be announced in chat once a game is over to all people who were in the game or are in the lobby. Each place gives a different amount of Aurorium.

On the topic of achievements
    Players spawn with an item whenever in the minigames area (not in a tag game or in a lobby, but the minigames area itself). Using the item will bring you into a section showing all of the minigames - clicking on one will bring you to the achievement menu. Each item, when moused over, shows a description of the name of the achievement and a description on how to get it. The items are either Emerald Blocks to show they're completed or Redstone Blocks to show they aren't completed.
    Upon completing all of them for a minigame, the player can spend 500 Aurorium to buy a rank that will appear only in minigames. You cannot have multiple of the "minigame" ranks, and you can choose between which one you want in the menu.
    An example of achievements for Tag are below.

Chicken Dinner
    Win a game of Tag.

Expert Tagger
    Win 25 games of Tag.

Championship
    Win 50 games of Tag.

Tag God
    Win 150 games of Tag.

Winner of the Lands
    Win a game of Tag in each arena.

Assassinate
    Kill someone the second grace period ends.

Killing Spree
    Kill at least 4 people in a Tag game.

Intense Round
    Win a game of Tag that extends over 3 minutes.

Archery
    Kill someone with a bow and arrow.

Brawl
    Kill someone without using a bow and arrow or the instant kill stick.

I Won?
    Win a tag arena without directly killing anyone.

Need Repairs
    Gain 50 Upgrades.

Rank upon getting all of the achievements completed - Taggercannotthinkofabettername

Other nitpicks on Tag -
    Forest is too plain and should have something else to spice it up. Compared to other maps, it's basically just 2 caves, 2 lakes and a bunch of trees.
    Desert is beaten in competition by Maze for its maze, which was its main feature. Something should be added to add environment or depth to the map other than a desert temple and a lake.
    Jungle and Hell should not be based on the biome without any creativity, because it makes a dull map.
    (TL;DR The current four tag maps shouldn't be fully based on the biome, it makes it boring and limits creativity).

It should announce whenever someone dies and from who / what cause of death, alongside with making a sound. Some examples are below.
    AKUMA has slain BISMUTH!
    BISMUTH has drowned in water!
    BISMUTH has died from fire!
    BISMUTH has left the arena!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MO

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    @Bismuth Thank you for your constant support and input, we really appreciate it.

On to your most recent suggestion-"list" (The one above). I feel like a lot that you have suggested is valid and could really refine the experience on the server, however, they need to be discussed in the group and will therefore take some time to be implemented.

What I can say is that I will be adding your suggested features to the Tag plugin immediately and they will be available in the next update! Along with that I am working on a (thanks to @ShadowDX) team-based tag system where you can fight against one another in teams and collectively win the game. We still need more players though, for many of the features to be enjoyable.

List of things to be added:

This Tag plugin essentially "belongs" to the Aurora community and as such, any suggestion that we find good will somehow find its way into the plugin.

Enough of that.
    Regarding the arenas: You, along with others that have been given the permission to build/edit arenas, are allowed to edit/modify existing arenas with the permission of the initial builders. If you think that a current arena is lacking in any way, you will either be able to change it yourself, or someone will do it later.

As I have stated, your other ideas require a complete overhaul of our current Minigame server hence our wanting to discuss it a bit but if the result leads to a more enjoyable experience we are sure to implement it in the (near) future!

Thanks for your suggestions, keep them coming!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 5

Suggesting a simple way to change bending in factions maybe.

Bending Changing
    I don't play factions and this has probably been thought of before so I won't go too indepth. I think you should be able to pay something along the lines of 30k Aurorium to change bending.

10. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 6

Making Aurorium a bit better in minigames for rewards.

Aurorium Balancing

Winning tag games at the moment gives 10 Aurorium as a set number when it should be based around the number of players participating to be more rewarding for a harder challenge. This applies to tag specifically since certain games should have different Aurorium prizes since tag games don't last as long as other games.
    1 Aurorium for 2 Players.
    5 Aurorium for 3 Players.
    10 Aurorium for 4 Players.
    15 Aurorium for 5 Players.
    20 Aurorium for 6 Players.
    23 Aurorium for 7 Players.
    (Permanently repeats as adding 3 more Aurorium per Player after 6)

11. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 7

Adding other popular minigames

New Minigames

Hunger Games
    Death Run
    Prop Hunt
    Bed Wars
    Sky Wars

12. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    SUGGESTION 8

Suggesting a way to ignore other players that are bothering you to stop fights and/or just enjoy the server more

Ignore Mechanic

Typing /ignore <player> will make you become unable to see all of the player's messages. Following onto my second suggestion about the game menu, you can right click the game menu to see a section called Ignored Users. Clicking that section will show you all players that are blocked, each one represented by an item. Retyping /ignore <player> will unignore them.

13. MO

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    My saved draft was deleted, so I am going to have to write this message all over again. :c

Off to the suggestions:
    Minigame suggestions:

• Parkour Wars (Name can change): After long deliberation with the team (Sounds fancier than it actually is) we came to the conclusion that this minigame, in its current state, is not ready to be implemented on account of our current player count and the initial difficulty this game poses to new players, who I might add are quite skittish when it comes to games that seem overly-complicated. This however does not stop it from being implemented in the future.
    • Rooms (Name can change): We really like the idea behind this minigame and would like to start implementing it in the near future, if you are still up to it, @Bismuth? Our current minigame plugin seems to be able to allow us to configure such a game. Now for a better name...
    • In response to the list of minigames you have added, I am sure that we will be adding a subset, if not all of them to the Minigame server!
    That concludes the talk of Minigames.
    P.S: Pumpkinhead has been removed from Tag... unfortunately.
    PP.S: I like the idea about scaling the winnings one gets in Tag, working on that.
    PPP.S: All for consistancy.

General suggestions:
    • Life Hack Menu: I am quite fond of this idea. It could really do a lot to help out first-time players. Besides, I've noticed that commands are somewhat unpopular among both the Terraria and Minecraft community. We are looking into ways of implementing this without having to make a new plugin. If that is not possible a new plugin will be made. :D
    • Bending Changing: This is currently a Donator perk.
    • Ignoring players: /ignore exists. Apparently it is only for when a player personally sends you a message and not or the global chat. Honestly this command causes more problems than it solves. If the need increases, we will implement a global /ignore command. If you are getting annoyed by a player ask a staff member to deal with it, whether that be though a warning or a mute.

I think that concludes our response to your suggestions! Keep them coming in, we really appreciate the time you take to try and improve the server.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Bismuth

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    Yes, yes I am. Tell me when to start building and where, and I think we should make it so that anyone can try building a room and if Team Ruby likes it it's permanently added with the maker being credited, but that's just a random idea that appeared later.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MO

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    Hunger Games has been added to Minigames!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. grimdarkAquarian

grimdarkAquarian Angsty Teen Aurorian Trusted User

Jul 9, 2014
    Male
    Student
    South
    Terraria Character Name:
    absoluteAquarian
    absoluteAquarian
    I think that being able to buy monster drops would be very handy.
    Considering that someone could easily exploit this to get a lot of Auroriumâ„¢, I'd suggest having the sell price be much lower than just half the buy price, like most other buyable/sellable items.
    E.g. 16 Bones would cost 10 Ao (Aurorium), but would only sell for 0.10 Ao per bone.

16 Rotten Flesh would cost 10 Ao, but would only sell for 0.05 Ao per flesh (b/c it is much easier to get).
    1 Record could be sold for a decent amount, considering how difficult it is to get one, say 20 Ao per disc.

Thanks for reading this, mates!

17. Konata Izumi

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Switzerland
    Terraria Character Name:
    Noah
    istvanr
    I have a suggestion for a minigame: A zombie based minigame with chests that could be single and multiplayer minigame

Starting Gear: Wood Sword, Chain Chestplate, 13 Bread.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Akuma

Akuma That one smug nerd Australis Trusted User Lin Kuei Je'daii Retired

Oct 2, 2013
    Female
    Art
    Somewhere
    Terraria Character Name:
    Akuma
    Valkieyria
    elaborate please.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MO

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    Like a "Walking Dead" minigame?

As in: There are various waves of zombies and you have to survive it. The amount of zombies you kill will be your score and the game is over when you die?

20. Konata Izumi

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Switzerland
    Terraria Character Name:
    Noah
    istvanr
    No, like a game where you run around looking for chests and zombies attack you, not waves but depending on where you are different zombies (in the sense of potion effects)

• Dumb Dumb x 1