AuroraCraft - Suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by Danzie, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Akuma

Akuma That one smug nerd Australis Trusted User Lin Kuei Je'daii Retired

Oct 2, 2013
    Female
    Art
    Somewhere
    Terraria Character Name:
    Akuma
    Minecraft Character Name:
    Valkieyria
    The change has been made, check this thread for details https://aurora-terraria.org/forum/t...hreads/auroracraft-changelog.6452/#post-74168

2. TheMoonlight

TheMoonlight Furry Retired

Jan 5, 2016
    The Sanctuary
    Terraria Character Name:
    TheMoonlight
    FoxOfLight
    I would suggest a hall of fame, like the staff members and other honorable mentions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Akuma

Oct 2, 2013
    Female
    Art
    Somewhere
    Terraria Character Name:
    Akuma
    Valkieyria
    That's something weve actually considered for a while now. Thanks for reminding us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheMoonlight

Jan 5, 2016
    The Sanctuary
    Terraria Character Name:
    TheMoonlight
    FoxOfLight
    Wield 2 elements as a high donator perk?

Edit: Nevermind, we already get the spirit elements from winning the tournaments.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. Melephant

Melephant Also A Furry But Cringier Retired

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Melephant
    Be able to sell seeds and eggs?

6. TheMoonlight

Jan 5, 2016
    The Sanctuary
    Terraria Character Name:
    TheMoonlight
    FoxOfLight
    Chicken farms would be too op, also we can already make bread from (hay was it? I forgot), and we can sell that. So myself i say no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ivy

Ivy Auroran Polaris

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Indonesia, Bekasi
    Terraria Character Name:
    Ivy
    Maybe you should kinda make a new bending, ik you're inspired by Avatar series but isn't it boring to see the same bending as in the avatar series. Why not try to add bending or maybe some abilities like in other series such as pokemon. Ik i may bot be a minecraft players, but maybe you can improve the minecraft with more super power or etc.

8. MO

MO Nolife Server Technician Trusted User

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    Eh, this has come up a bit but to be really honest I don't seem to like the thought of adding abilities not present in or not related to (or possible in) the Avatar series (cartoon/comics).
    Sure in the future when there are more players and the demand is higher for such things.
    I'll keep that in mind though, thanks for the suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Melephant

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Melephant
    Be able to sell melons?
    (also a thread dedicated to suggesting stuff that can be sold to the server)

10. Ivy

Ivy Auroran Polaris

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Indonesia, Bekasi
    Terraria Character Name:
    Ivy
    Mind bending

So mind bending is focusing on meditation and psychic abilities. it would be a damage/flank type of bending

1. Mind blast
    shoots a mind blast that deals moderate amount of damage

2. Telekinesis
    Control blocks around you

3. Mind wave
    shoot a wave of mind that would give players nausea/slowness/weakness

4. Telekinetic levitate
    levitate above ground but can't fly, which would be useful to fly across lava

5. Telekinetic wall
    making an invisible wall out of your mind like a shield

6. Telekinetic hands
    Everything you touch would levitate, which are useful to escape like hitting a player to levitate for a couple of second

7. Meditation
    healing (regeneration) for yourself and players around you

8. Life drain
    draining health from other players with the power of your mind

9. Mind creatures
    summon a temporarily mobs that would attack enemies

11. TheMoonlight

Jan 5, 2016
    The Sanctuary
    Terraria Character Name:
    TheMoonlight
    FoxOfLight
    I think that for halloween we should add a new move, i dunno what element but here it goes.
    Reanimate
    When a entity dies, you can revive it.
    When an entity dies and you have reanimate equipped, it makes a invisible zombie with glow that cant move on corpses of entities that have died for one minute. After that they cannot be revived. For example lets say your dog died. When you use reanimate on it, a exact clone of the dog is created. If its done on a player, it teleports them back to the spot they died on. When it is used on a zombie or other evil entity, it is revived but it will only attack other enemies, and disappears after 30 seconds. It would also have a long cooldown, so you can't spam it.
    Usage: hold shift while looking at a corpse.

12. Melephant

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Melephant
    A bunch of Halloween themed moves for all the elements

PumpkinSpice (Fire)
    Lights the enemy on fire and puts a pumpkin on their head
    Usage - left click to attack all enemies in an area that's spread in front of you

UnholyWater (Water)
    Leave a patch of unholy water on the ground
    Usage - Hold shift for at least 2 seconds and release to leave unholy water in a 5x5 area that inflicts wither 1 and slowness 1

DarkWind (Air)
    Blinds enemies around you for a short period
    Usage - Tap shift to surround yourself with dark wind for a short period. Any entity that comes close will be blinded for 5 seconds.

CursedEarth (Earth)
    A giant arm made out of obsidian just out from the ground and slams onto a target area.
    Usage - Hold shift for at least 3 seconds to create the physician arm. Left click to slam the arm onto an area.

Curse (Chi)
    Blind the enemy for 2 seconds and inflict nausea 3 for 5 seconds. A pumpkin is placed on their head that automatically gets removed after 2 seconds.
    Usage - Left click an enemy in close range to curse them.

Also
    Halloween themed bending arena?

13. MO

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    Will be added. Also this thread is sufficient for that purpose.

Firstly it is not necessary to add a new "element" for this since AirBending has the "subelement" SpiritualBending which is basically what you want to achieve with your MindBending. Many of these moves are non-canon and as such I am reluctant to personally work on them. (Also Meditate as a move already exists for AirBenders)
    I'll take a look at some of them and see what's possible. Also, you have to take into consideration that these moves will need to be made from scratch and that that will take a while, so don't be surprised if they don't appear immediately if at all.

I do not think that adding moves for the sake of having them is a good idea. Balancing the elements is an important thing to consider too. I cannot think of an element either, which is probably a good hint that this won't fit well with the current move set. What I do know from the series is that one could create earth mobs that would fight for you temporarily. That could be an option.

Same here. Sure these moves sound great to add (And probably won't be added in time) but they do not fit at all to the rest of the set. (Also you guys should have suggested this a bit earlier)

Note for all: Please keep your suggestions as realistic as possible, do know that all the things you suggest that haven't been done before will have to be made from scratch at that is not a small feat for our team. But keep the suggestions coming, there will surely be one or two things that are doable and that we personally like and that you will see has been added (It has happened a lot before).
    I will have a more detailed writeup regarding the abilities later.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. TheMoonlight

Jan 5, 2016
    The Sanctuary
    Terraria Character Name:
    TheMoonlight
    FoxOfLight
    Works for me! It sounds great

15. Akuma

Oct 2, 2013
    Female
    Art
    Somewhere
    Terraria Character Name:
    Akuma
    Valkieyria
    Id like to point out that you can suggest abilities that already have an addon created for it, if it is up to date, stable and and has enough demands for it we will do ourselve a pleasure to add it.

Every new ability and element suggestions that do not already have an addon would required to be coded which can be tedious. And what Michael has stated still applies aswell.

16. Melephant

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Melephant
    What are your thoughts on purely cosmetic moves? Like creating snow clouds with water, etc.

17. TheMoonlight

Jan 5, 2016
    The Sanctuary
    Terraria Character Name:
    TheMoonlight
    FoxOfLight
    Purely cosmetic moves would be purely useless. I mean, if it has no use, what's the point of adding them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Melephant

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Melephant
    If there are things like blue fire disc, rainbow firebreath, etc., why cant there be purely cosmetic moves?
    Things like a permanent stationary snow cloud above an area or one that follows you.
    A fire pillar to decorate your base.
    Small tornadoes.
    (cant think of anything for earth oh well)

I understand that these things will take some time to do from scratch, but I just want to know how everyone feels if they were to be added.
    (Also can you recycle codes from other moves? Like take fire breath but have it face upward from the ground and stay there? Just curious.)

19. TheMoonlight

Jan 5, 2016
    The Sanctuary
    Terraria Character Name:
    TheMoonlight
    FoxOfLight
    Blue fire disc and rainbow firebreath are stronger versions of the moves, they don't just make them prettier, they make them stronger. and if the moves just stay there or follow you without any purpose, it just lags the server more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MO

Feb 24, 2015
    Male
    Freeloader
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Terraria Character Name:
    MO
    MO
    Since WaterBending has the least amount of base element abilities (Not including the subelements), I thought I could try my hand at making UnholyWater a thing :D

EDIT: @Melephant are the users of this ability affected by it themselves if they, say, walk in the water?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017