Aurora's Anniversary Events

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Danzie, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Danzie

Danzie Retard Polaris Retired

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    Aurora is turning 4-years-old on the 1st of September, which means it's time for a big announcement!

First of all, I'd like to thank @Patrikk for hosting the server for this long, using his own funds sometimes just to keep the server and the community alive. Secondly, my thanks go out to every staff member who is currently active, or was active on Aurora. @Clay @Newy @Hayley I can't explain how much effort you've put into the server, and without your contributions we wouldn't be here now. Our admins and moderators keep the community as clean as possible, so my thanks go out to them as well. Last, but not least: my biggest thanks go out to the whole community, and the fact that we've been together for four years, is utterly amazing! Thank you all!

Now for the announcements, I'm happy to announce two big scale projects, which we've been working on:

Aurora Minecraft (Auroracraft)!

Courtesy of Team Ruby (@Newy @Mein Sw3g @MichaelOtto @Akuma @bigbluu722 @Chloe @Lillnex ), they have been tirelessly working on Aurora's Minecraft server, which is going to launch on
    September 1st. An open beta weekend is due next weekend so stay tuned for that! The server has many interesting plugins, which offers something for any player! Join a Faction, and try bending the elements or fight in the probending arena! Build your own base and fight against other factions, and yes you can grief their bases and steal from them too! Join the minigame world, and enjoy the never ending fun! Maybe you just want to flourish your creativity in peace? Don't worry, you are going to have your chance! Using the Plots plugin, you will be able to build on a protected piece of land! For further information stay tuned until launch!

Aurora Terraria Anarchy!

Our beloved @Hayley 's idea! A server without any rules (or at least minimal)! Imagine your favourite survival game on Steam, now put that into Terraria! Going on the lines of a basic survival server, we put a twist into it. The server has PvP enabled at all times, which means 24/7 chaos! There are some protected areas, but when you go out into the wild, it gets crazy! Mine, dig, fight monsters, players, earn coins and Aurorium (Aurora's currency) and advance your gear like you would in Single Player! Anyone who likes a challenge, will love it here! Probably the most unique experience you're ever gonna live through in the world of Terraria! Release is expected also on September 1st, but it's reserved to change.

These are our two big projects, but let's see about the minor changes on the Terraria server.

Donator discount

For the month of September all Donator ranks will be 50% off! This is a great opportunity to contribute to the server, since a Donator revamp is in work, so it's worth getting before the prices go up again ;)

Unbanning weapons

Some weapons will be unbanned on the server, such as the Last Prism, and they will be unbanned permanently. A complete list will be coming soon!

A raffle with various prizes!

Hosted by the whole staff team! Everyone is pitching in to give you amazing prizes! Win a Minecraft account, or Don't Starve, and many others! The information about the raffle is coming soon as well!

Once again thank you all, and we worked very hard to bring you this event! Can't wait until September 1st, to finally presesnt you all these projects!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Joshua274

Joshua274 Senior Auroran Trusted User

May 23, 2015
    Male
    Being a Mayor of Tinytown City
    Tinytown City, Aurora
    Terraria Character Name:
    Joshua274
    Unbanning weapons?

Prepare for massive lag and pure chaos

3. RunicGlympse

RunicGlympse Auroran Star

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Runic
    :0 An anarchy server? With Survival? Why wasn't I informed of this?

4. ClusterMissile

ClusterMissile Nolife Trusted User

Jul 9, 2014
    Male
    The Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
    SURVIVAL LIVES!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thomas

Thomas Unemployed Australis Polaris Borealis Star

May 22, 2016
    Male
    Sleeping
    Australia
    Terraria Character Name:
    Thomas
    You just were.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dark _Reaper312

Dark _Reaper312 Baby Auroran

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    Making Mortals like thy suffer with nightmares
    In the deepest darkest pit of hell
    Terraria Character Name:
    Dark Reaper
    Ummm, if you unban 1-second timers for wire builders, THANK YOU, also please confetti cannon, and finally, the star wrath, it does the most damage in the game, and for people who don't know the stars do twice as much as the sword itself, and three of them come down, SO MUCH DAMAGE. anyway, this event is going to be amazing. the one thing I recommend is in the chaos like server, please allow teams where they can't PVP each other so you can survive against other teams with your group.

7. Lucifer

Lucifer Auroran Borealis Trusted User

Nov 17, 2014
    Student,part-timer,?
    天の原
    Terraria Character Name:
    Lucifer
    This sounds AMAZING.
    It's going to be my third year and the feeling of a year completed never ceases to make me happy. Specially if its the community itself is having its anniversary. Early Congratulations to aurora's upcoming 4th year anniversary. And i hope we all keep it up together to its 5th, 6th.... and so on.

xoxo,

blasty.

8. Bismuth

Bismuth Elder Auroran Trusted User Retired

Aug 3, 2016
    Terraria Character Name:
    Bismuth Seed
    survival is back i have a reason to live again

9. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R The Elder Plasma Retired

Aug 10, 2014
    Contemplation of nature, living in the infinite.
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    @Clay, sign me up for this!

Really, you guys know how to make people excited. Who cares about beating Moon Lord on Expert Mode anymore, I have Aurora!

Also it's my 3rd year anniversary on the 10th, that counts too right?!

EDIT: Clay I'm going to find all the Lava Charms when the Anarchy server so no one will find them.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Ugly2222

Ugly2222 Skeletal Hunter Retired Welcomy Council Person

May 24, 2014
    Male
    Hunting beasts.
    Chasm of The Abyss.
    Terraria Character Name:
    Ugly2222
    Plasma please return to me, i need you again

Totally entering that raffle for that minecraft account cough

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. h4x

h4x Baby Auroran

Apr 27, 2017
    Terraria Character Name:
    h4x
    reminds me of the 1.0.5 days where someone had a sand gun and then you were screwed because he could plant sand in spawn

aah... the memories....

12. Mein Sw3g

Mein Sw3g Legend Server Technician Star

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Mein Sw3g
    Minecraft Character Name:
    MeinSw3g
    it should be Mein Craft

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Elyssa

Elyssa From the blessed isles Terraria Architect Retired

Dec 31, 2015
    Female
    Oldham, England
    Terraria Character Name:
    Elyssa
    Minecraft Character Name:
    FK9000
    I can't wait! A survival server where you can pvp and (probably not) raid each other. I'm just excited for the vanilla pvp experience to be brought the Aurora.
    I'm only here for the free Minecraft account Ok