Forum Games : Resimulated [SIMULATION 1 : The Self-Incriminating Case (D&D-esque game)]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by RedCreeper07, May 12, 2020.

What game should we Resimulate first?

Poll closed May 18, 2020.
  1. King of the Hill, a Chaos-2 classic of taking over the hill and eating inter-dimensional cookies

33.3%
  2. Boss Fight, another classic where you fight Moons with Spoons (or some other creature)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTON, Story driven funny crap I made that I just want to add to this poll

16.7%
  4. D&D esque RPG, you get to level up and kill innocent goblins and dragons.

50.0%
  5. Other (Please comment below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RedCreeper07

RedCreeper07 The Last Crimtane Retired

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Somewhere beyond your comprehension
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    =====
    Me: Okay, I'll make a forum game if [OWNER] Patrikk makes an announcement where I get a 2:1 yes-to-no ratio. But - of course, that will never happen. It will never happen...

[OWNER] Patrikk: (Makes an announcement that gets a 14:1 yes-to-no vote)

Me: . . .
    =====

Hi.

I exist.

SO.

The owner of this server wants me to make a new forum game.

Guess I'll comply with the OFFICIAL...

AURORA GAMING FORUM GAMES: RESIMULATED

How does this work you may ask? It is simple.

Every few months we will revisit some old forum games from the ancient history of Aurora Gaming: The good, the bad, and the MBF-grade ugly. Once an old forum game is chosen, it will be "resimulated" in a brand new coat of paint and polish! Any rules from the original forum game that is being simulated will be transferred into this game, with some tweaks to make it (hopefully) 10 times better.

And don't worry, I've come prepared. For all you far-future players who come to this post with 50 pages to go through, this spoiler below will tell you EXACTLY what events are happening, and what game we're playing (along with any rules and conditions you may need to follow). Take a peek, and then join when you are ready!

So the poll has spoken, and we're doing a D&D. (god why did I put that opinion in? Those take so much work)

Before we begin, let me give you a bit of backstory.

"While you players are all in the comforts of your own home, cottage, rock, etc, you have heard of the news of some small group entering and causing chaos to the city. The mayor of said city has issued a hefty reward for the live capturing of the individuals. However, due to the early stages of the investigation, there appeared to be NO information on anything regarding the damage caused, the people witnessing, and not even the perpetrator's faces! Can a bunch of randoms band together to put the clues all together to point towards the ugly truth behind the perpetrators?"

With the backstory out of the way, the next step before we begin is for you all to create a character! Please include with your character the following:

- Name? (Pick a name, any name. Of course be mature and considerate, this forum game follows the ToS of Aurora)

- Skill/Item? (Pick an item or skill your character has that benefits him/her/it, like maybe a sword that glows in the dark, or the ability to summon fire from your hands. I MAY nerf or void your option if it damages the integrity and fairness of the game)

[ NOTE : The plot is taking place in modern times, so avoid any beyond futuristic skills/items for the best chance for the skill/item to NOT be nerfed or voided ]

Post your very quick character sheet below. I will start once enough people have sent in their characters. I will say one thing, you will never expect the ending.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Joshua274

Joshua274 Senior Auroran Trusted User

May 23, 2015
    Male
    Being a Mayor of Tinytown City
    Tinytown City, Aurora
    Terraria Character Name:
    Joshua274
  3. Katara

Katara Daddy's Little Satan Retired

Sep 5, 2016
    Female
    Stalker
    Definitely Not In Your Room
    Terraria Character Name:
    Cherry
    Minecraft Character Name:
    Katara
  4. DarkArtist

DarkArtist Don't question it. Terraria Moderator Terraria Designer

May 26, 2019
    Male
    Graphic Design
    Hempstead, New York
    Terraria Character Name:
    DarkArtist
    Florida Man
    King of the Hill including the propane tank.

5. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    So the poll has spoken, and we're doing a D&D. (god why did I put that opinion in? Those take so much work)

Anyways, welcome to the quick D&D...

The Self-Incriminating Case

Before we begin, let me give you a bit of backstory.

"While you players are all in the comforts of your own home, cottage, rock, etc, you have heard of the news of some small group entering and causing chaos to the city. The mayor of said city has issued a hefty reward for the live capturing of the individuals. However, due to the early stages of the investigation, there appeared to be NO information on anything regarding the damage caused, the people witnessing, and not even the perpetrator's faces! Can a bunch of randoms band together to put the clues all together to point towards the ugly truth behind the perpetrators?"

With the backstory out of the way, the next step before we begin is for you all to create a character! Please include with your character the following:

- Name? (Pick a name, any name. Of course be mature and considerate, this forum game follows the ToS of Aurora)

- Skill/Item? (Pick an item or skill your character has that benefits him/her/it, like maybe a sword that glows in the dark, or the ability to summon fire from your hands. I MAY nerf or void your option if it damages the integrity and fairness of the game)

[ NOTE : The plot is taking place in modern times, so avoid any beyond futuristic skills/items for the best chance for the skill/item to NOT be nerfed or voided ]

Post your very quick character sheet below. I will start once enough people have sent in their characters. I will say one thing, you will never expect the ending.

6. bear

bear Terraria Builder Terraria Builder

Jul 29, 2019
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    polar
    my name is bear and uh i like to eat people, mostly frogs

7. DarkArtist

DarkArtist Don't question it. Terraria Moderator Terraria Designer

May 26, 2019
    Male
    Graphic Design
    Hempstead, New York
    Terraria Character Name:
    DarkArtist
    Florida Man
    I am DarkArtist, and I can shapeshift into.. things.

8. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    Just want to have some ComMunITy AcTIon and reply to these posts.

"Well uh... you're going to be an interesting character in society. Your skill choice is absolutely fine... just... don't get too hungry..."

"Shapeshift eh? That would work. It would be nerfed so that you can't like hide as anything bigger than self, nor people (yet). And there should be "a way" for enemies to spot you regardless, but I'll figure that out later."

• Like Like x 1
  9. sehn

sehn Baby Auroran

Aug 23, 2017
    Terraria Character Name:
    sehn
    Name: Sehn

Skill: I can summon portals.