I need to tell you something.

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by DarkArtist, Feb 21, 2020.

1. DarkArtist

DarkArtist Loser Terraria Moderator Terraria Designer

May 26, 2019
    Male
    Graphic Design
    United States
    Terraria Character Name:
    DarkArtist
    Minecraft Character Name:
    DarkArtist_
    Hello Aurora.. Another forum post made by me. I am clearly not satisfied with the immense amount of arguments the members of the server are having, so I want to break it down to you a bit, so it will be much easier to deal with future arguments and make the server a better place.

NOTE: This is both for members and staff members who are really stressed out.

Stage 1: Confrontation
    So at the first stage of the typical argument, they confront each other for whatever reason. The person who is confronting the other may have started the argument either if they failed to follow the server rules or they were obviously not listening to anything. This is probably the most common phase of a typical argument on any internet platform.

Stage 2: Name Calling
    As 2 or more people get deeper into the main argument, they try to come up with cheesy comebacks to make the person who is trying to explain to them feel disoriented. It will most likely be an insult that is highly inappropriate while the argument will transpire, as it will be hard to get them to stop.

Stage 3: How to deal with it

• Get the person who is arguing with the other to stop. Ask them NICELY. If they don't abide by your instructions then you could ping a staff member.
    • Don't tell them to "chill", as this will only get the person who is arguing with the other, or not listening to them more angry. You could tell them to "please calm down, I understand your point of view."
    If they don't abide by your requests to "end it", then this is your chance to get the staff involved. Ping a staff member with the @____ <-- Their name here. If they do not respond, you might have to take the risk of ending the argument into your own hands.

Thank you for reading, also I don't want to deal with most of these anymore

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Spero

Spero Simp Terraria Moderator Terraria Designer

May 26, 2019
    Female
    Art
    U.S
    Terraria Character Name:
    Spero
    _Spero
    i agree <3

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thomas

Thomas Unemployed Australis Polaris Borealis Star

May 22, 2016
    Male
    Sleeping
    Australia
    Terraria Character Name:
    Thomas
    For the most part it's a great post. The last part I don't agree on. If there aren't any staff members online to handle it (there should be 90% of the time) please don't try and take it into your own hands. It'll most likely just fire the people arguing up more and make the situation worse.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DarkArtist

DarkArtist Loser Terraria Moderator Terraria Designer

May 26, 2019
    Male
    Graphic Design
    United States
    Terraria Character Name:
    DarkArtist
    DarkArtist_
    I completely respect your opinion, and thanks for the feedback.

• Like Like x 2