Closed The Holiday Menace :: BOSS 2 ACTIVE

Discussion in 'Forum Games Archive' started by RedCreeper07, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedCreeper07

RedCreeper07 The Last Crimtane Retired

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Somewhere beyond your comprehension
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    “Three Bosses… Three Events… and rebooted nostalgia…”

Well... I gave the players a bet... and they won it. They deserve to be super-buffed. I hope they enjoy it... because I think they seriously need a challenge...

- Super-buffed players
    - Remodeled healing pots
    - Removed more Fan-Fic

I think one might be wondering what this meant. Well, I’m going to have to start, with some bad news.

Yeh, we are being threatened by 3 different otherworldly entities that are here to cause problems. What makes this more interesting is that these threats will only appear on their specified holidays. What do I mean by this? Well, let me give you a cheeky hint: October has Halloween, November has Thanksgiving, and December has Christmas. I think you guys can fill in the blanks…

Oh, you know what's worse? You only have a specified time-frame to take down these entities. If my calculations are correct... these entities will execute god-like power on the day of the holiday, which will ruin the holiday for this year. And I think we all know we want some good holidays, right? Well, let's show these mucks who's boss around here... :3

Welcome to The Holiday Menace! Enjoy... :3

Before I begin, some words from myself... for specifically the ones who don't take kindly to my work.

Ok, I know exactly what you guys are thinking. You are expecting fan-fic style RP crud with Five Nights at Freddys, Crappy Plotlines, Walls of text explaining each and every deep feeling a character, and of course… fan-fic.

I.

Get.

It.

However, I just want to say one thing: give me another chance. You guys might think I might’ve used all of my chances before… but let me tell you this. How about a quote from a mutual friend… who gave me the confidence to make this forum game…

“Though there's one thing about dedicated forum game hosts, and that is they always come back.”
    - PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R, Oct 3, 2017

Think about that… before you pull the “bring my forum game down” trigger...

Now with that out of the way, I will be showing you some critical information about ourselves, and any FAQs covered while I get information on our first challenge. Please read carefully.

-=-=-=-=-=- The Player (Insert your name here) -=-=-=-=-=-

HP: 250,000

Damage: Up to 100,000 in damage

(For your attacks to count, you must insert a number from 0-50000 (in terms of how much damage you do) as well as the attack you used. Be careful though, since your attacks might not work as effectively (aka resistances the boss might have)).

-=-=-=-=-=- SOME INFORMATION -=-=-=-=-=-

How do I join? Well, after you finish reading the whole start thread, you literally go down and start fighting. There's no joining period or anything... we are under a very... VERY strict time schedule. You are allowed to join, leave, and rejoin at any point in the game. However, if you do not attack for 36 hours after the last update that executed your recent damage to the boss, you will be temporarily removed from the player list, and this is to make sure I keep track of who is actually fighting, and who like did one attack and left. Don't worry, if you're removed, just come back and attack again. No penalty! If you rejoin, your HP will remain the same to what it was before you left. So don't think you can come back 2 weeks into a boss battle and regain full HP again (I have a hand-written list of everyone!)

What are the rules? The simple rule is: don't make your attacks do more or less damage than specified (0-50000). Also, you are not invincible, but I think that rule is quite obvious. You are allowed to bring multiple friends along with you, if you need. You are allowed to do anything other than attacking, but don't expect it to really help. Colored names and replies are fine, but please specify who you are so I don't get confused, especially if you bring multiple friends (with colored text) into the fight. However, I do have a ban system in place, so LISTEN CAREFULLY!

If you break the rules, I will give you a warning, and any actions you do will be reverted. If continuous such-behavior occurs, I'm afraid I will have to ban you from attacking for the rest of the boss fight. If you continue to post after being banned, staff intervention will be needed to take care of you. If you think that you've been falsely banned, you can have a chat with me on Discord, or with the Aurora Forums conversation feature, and we can figure out the conclusion from there.

Also, there is something else I want to talk to you about, and its about the 36 hour buffer. There is a way to bypass this system, where if you attack and don't attack for 36 hours or so, I will obviously remove you from the list, keeping you from taking damage from the boss. If I weren't smart, you can use this to your advantage and take minimal damage, while being able to attack. If I see this behavior, you will be banned. Period.

How does attacking work? Well, on your part, you just say what your attacking the boss with, and how much damage. On my part, I will, on every update, show you a list of people who are actively attacking, and there will be numbers by your name. These numbers (1-10) shows what damage you did. Here's a helpful little chart that explains this.

(If you miss the enemy)

1. You miss completely and take full damage of your attack! Careful you didn't decide to do 50000 damage at that turn!

2 You miss completely and take half damage of your attack!

3. You miss, but no damage is returned back to you.

(If you hit the enemy)

4. You glazed the enemy, only doing half damage. 50% damage.

5. You hit the enemy! 100% damage.

6. Strong hit! 150% damage.

7. Superior HIT! 200% damage!

(If you get a critical)

8. Critical hit! 250% damage!

9. Strong hit, with the added crit! 375% damage!!

10. OVERKILL! Superior hit plus crits! 500% damage!!

If you somehow get 3 critical strikes, the third strike will also hurt you for 2500 damage, just to make it more interesting.

How does the boss attack? So, when a boss attacks, it will deal damage to a percentage of your current HP. So if a boss deals 10% damage to someone, and the someone has 5000 HP left, the someone will lose 500 HP, leaving them with 4500 HP. In random.org sense, I first do a 1-10 randomizer, in which if the number is 6 or higher, the boss will crit. Then I will use the damage percentages that the boss came with, and put them into the randomizer. The number I get will the be the percentage of HP dealt by the boss to someone. Now how I pick that someone will be dependent on the state of each player. Players who have the highest HP will be chosen over others. Players who dealt the highest damage will be chosen over highest HP. Players who rule break will be chosen over highest damage. Hope that makes sense.

What happens if I die? Can I heal? Basically, you're dead for the entire boss fight. You must wait until the next boss battle begins. Now for the healing part; whenever you do a large amount of damage (100,000 damage or more) you will receive items that you can use to heal yourself or others. Now depending on the amount of damage, and how many players do this much damage in a single turn, will equate to how powerful the healing items will be. Here is the healing chart I have set up.

100000+ damage = 25K HP pot

200000+ damage = 50K HP pot

300000+ damage = 75K HP pot

400000+ damage = 100K HP pot

500000+ damage = 150K HP pot

SAYING THIS AGAIN, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HEAL OTHERS!! USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!!

How will I post? Well everyday (1-2 times a day, depending on how fast people attack) I will send out an update about what damage you did, the HP you have, and any mini-lore I feel like adding. I will not wait for everyone to attack. This is where the 36 hour buffer comes in (see the first question). Don't worry, I will save your most recent attack and HP into the updates (until you are temp-removed).

Will this forum game contain- be quiet. I don't want to hear it. Just... enjoy what you get... OK? Thank you.

NAME: The Habilis Hunters

LORE: They appear to be turkeys with robotic modifications that appear to crave revenge of their ancestors being used for food on that fateful Thanksgiving Day. Armed with fire and sharp objects, it’s no myth they want to cook us alive. What makes matters worse is their numbers, with what appears to be 4 leaders, and many more minions that are all determined to shut down Thanksgiving for once and for all. You have 20 days to finish off these Habilis Hunters before everyone becomes Thanksgiving dinner… to the animals of course!

HP: 887,539 (per leader, 4 leaders)

DAMAGE: 7% - 40% current HP of player (14% - 80% HP loss crit) (Leader’s only)

SPECIALITIES:

— The Habilis Hunters work in numbers: They will spawn in as many minions as it will take to keep the leaders from getting hurt themselves.

— Due to their robotic modification, typical ways to kill a turkey will be useless in this fight… or so it says…

— The leaders might eat dead players, or their own minions to heal. Try to make the minion inedible to keep the Habilis Hunter leaders from healing.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R The Elder Plasma Retired

Aug 10, 2014
    Contemplation of nature, living in the infinite.
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    >Plasma has joined. He uses a Legendary Copper Shortsword on RED for 10,000 damage.

3. Pyro240

Pyro240 Watermelon Lover

Aug 14, 2014
    Nanobot Lattice
    Dawnlight Ringworld
    Terraria Character Name:
    Pyro240
    Minecraft Character Name:
    Pyro240
    >Pyro doesn't bother to read the poorly amalgamated wall of text, and also strikes Red with the same weapon Plasma used, for 10,000.0001 damage.

4. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    *PUF!*

Oh look who's here to- gah! *dodges the copper short sword. It hits RED.* Jesus! Can't you turn off your name-homing devices Pyro?!

> Slaps RED with a stick for 777 damage.

5. Pyro240

Pyro240 Watermelon Lover

Aug 14, 2014
    Nanobot Lattice
    Dawnlight Ringworld
    Terraria Character Name:
    Pyro240
    Pyro240
    Precision Targeting is too valuable an asset to remove. No.

6. sehn

sehn Baby Auroran

Aug 23, 2017
    Terraria Character Name:
    sehn
    Sehn joined, and attacks Runaway Experimental Detestation with a shield for 10000 damage.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  7. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    Our first update... De nada...

And before you ask... yes, random.org is back. Hope you have been making friends with that thing.

Oh and also, I did forget to explain how bosses attack. I promise to add it in the FAQ.

So, when a boss attacks, it will deal damage to a percentage of your current HP. So if a boss deals 10% damage to someone, and the someone has 5000 HP left, the someone will lose 500 HP, leaving them with 4500 HP. In random.org sense, I first do a 1-10 randomizer, in which if the number is 6 or higher, the boss will crit. Then I will use the damage percentages that the boss came with, and put them into the randomizer. The number I get will the be the percentage of HP dealt by the boss to someone. Now how I pick that someone will be dependant on the state of each player. Players who have the highest HP will be chosen over others. Players who dealt the highest damage will be chosen over highest HP. Players who rule break will be chosen over others. Hope that makes sense.

—— ATTACKS (PLAYERS) ——
    (I will use random.org in the order below. So that means Plasma gets to risk it all first, then Pyro, then me, then sehn, then whoever else has a name that starts with a t or down. You get the idea.)

Plasma: (6) A good starter hit to fire up this boss fight! You dealt 15000 damage!
    Pyro: (6) Sometimes you do follow the wise to get the EXACT. SAME. DAMAGE! You dealt 15000 damage! (Rounds down because of simplicity)
    Red: (2) Nicely done myself. I de- OW! Darn it. I took 389 damage. That... really fricken hurt.
    Sehn: (10) Sorry plassy... *ahem* Now that's what you call the "start with your best foot forward" quote! You dealt 50000 damage! You got an item! It appears to be a special potion which heals 500 HP!

—— ATTACKS (RED) ——
    (Did you really think that bosses will sit around and do nothing?)

RED fires its tentacles (because Slenderman) on Pyro for going over the damage limit. It only does so much damage to Pyro's metal body, but Pyro still loses 16% of his HP!

—— PLAYER LIST ——

Plasma: 10000/10000
    Pyro: 8400/10000
    Red: 9611/10000
    Sehn: 10000/10000
    - 500 HP pot

—— BOSS LIST ——

- RED (6586666/6666666 HP)

You have 24 days left! Time’s ticking!!! I recommend more players JOIN!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    "So do I need to deal more damage??"

*Hits RED repeatedly with a bigger stick for 7777 damage.*

9. sehn

sehn Baby Auroran

Aug 23, 2017
    Terraria Character Name:
    sehn
    Seth attacks again, for the 10000 damage, and wonders how they were so lucky last time.

10. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

Aug 10, 2014
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    Plasma tries a Legendary Cactus Sword this time on RED for 9,999 damage.

11. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    WE GOT TO GET GOING! THIS THING IS GOING TO DESTROY US ALL IF WE DON'T STOP IT!

Oh btw... I have made a change-log. Please take a look at the first post to check it out! It is NOW IN EFFECT!

—— ATTACKS (PLAYERS) ——
    Plasma: (1) Darn cactus. Do they really need to hit you straight in the face?! You took 9999 damage! Thankfully, because of the update, you still have plenty of HP.
    Pyro: (6) Sometimes you do follow the wise to get the EXACT. SAME. DAMAGE! You dealt 15000 damage! (Rounds down because of simplicity) [COPIED FROM UPDATE 1]
    Red: (1) You stabbed yourself with a stick! You took 7777 damage!
    Sehn: (10) Just- stop hacking dude. You dealt 50000 damage... again! However, due to the update, you will need a minimum of 125000 damage to get a health pot. RIP!

—— ATTACKS (RED) ——

RED feels the pain from Sehn, and lunges out at him. Sehn gets almost eaten by a infinitely large mouth, making him lose 23% of his current HP!

—— PLAYER LIST ——

Plasma: 40001/50000
    Pyro: 48400/50000
    Red: 41834/50000
    Sehn: 38500/50000
    - 500 HP pot

—— BOSS LIST ——

- RED (6536666/6666666 HP)

You have 24 days left! Time’s ticking!!! I recommend more players JOIN!!!

12. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    *I pleaded to Sehn to give me the health pot. Waiting for an answer, I ditched the stick and went for an iron sword, dealing 16000 damage!*

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pyro240

Pyro240 Watermelon Lover

Aug 14, 2014
    Nanobot Lattice
    Dawnlight Ringworld
    Terraria Character Name:
    Pyro240
    Pyro240
  14. sehn

sehn Baby Auroran

Aug 23, 2017
    Terraria Character Name:
    sehn
    I attack for 50000 damage with my shield and supreme hax of crit-luck, while giving red the potion, in hopes of him healing me once I'm dead if it comes to that, as long as it would have its full effectiveness. I'll always be happy to help, as long as it can be effective. Also, please multiply the hp pot by 7.5x since it's an old one, I didn't get to get one this time even with hax, and the hp is 5x, as well as how the amount needed is 2.5x.

15. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

Aug 10, 2014
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    >Plasma gives his own random.org luck to Sehn from the old Moon Boss Fight to help him get even more crits.

>He also moves to a Shadewood Sword, dealing 35,000 damage to RED.

>Plasma plants a flower for Pyro. He will be missed dearly.

16. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    I have done some more changes on the first post. Take a look at them!

—— ATTACKS (PLAYERS) ——
    Plasma: (8) Plasma, are you sure you gave that luck to Sehn? I think you just dealt 87500 damage!
    Pyro: *Leaves* We will miss his short but sweet life here. Now he’s not looking this thread, it’s now time to go destroy his “toys” on the Hill!
    Red: (4) Apparently swords fit you better, buddy. You dealt 16000 damage!
    Sehn: (1) and just before you got a third crit, you tripped and somehow stabbed yourself on a rock. You took 50000 damage! Sehn is now dead!

—— ATTACKS (RED) ——

RED feels unsatisfied with Sehn’s death, and decides to revive him onto its own team. What makes this more of a plot twist is that, even though I designed the revived to not be player controlled, RED was nice enough to allow Sehn to have full control of himself. Red’s voice resonates through your head,

“You must take down the player team, or you will immediately die from RED. One and only warning. All items are stripped, and you can only do a max of 1000 damage. However, rolls are still in effect. If you don’t want to fight the players, go ahead and die now... and wait for the next round.”

—— PLAYER LIST ——

Pyro: (OFFLINE) 48400/50000
    Red: 41834/50000
    - 500 HP pot

—— BOSS LIST ——

RED || 6433166/6666666 HP
    Sehn: 25000/25000 HP

You have 23 days left! Time’s ticking!!! I recommend more players JOIN!!! Please? *whimper*

Ok plasma. You and me now. Hope we don’t screw up...

17. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

Aug 10, 2014
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    >Plasma turns to bows, using a Boreal Wood Bow with Frostburn arrows for 40,000 damage on RED.

Maybe my luck ran back at me. Oh well. <3 luck

18. sehn

sehn Baby Auroran

Aug 23, 2017
    Terraria Character Name:
    sehn
    Sehn attacks Plasma for 1000 damage, silently apologizing so RED doesn't hear.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    *Realizes Sehn is on the other team. Doesn't give a care about it.*

I go for another stab on RED for 25000 damage.

20. RedCreeper07

Oct 11, 2014
    Male
    Retired Lone Hero
    Terraria Character Name:
    Red
    —— ATTACKS (PLAYERS) ——
    Plasma: (8) Nice crit. You dealt 100000 damage! You got an item that heals 1000 HP!
    Red: (10) Again, with the swords. You dealt 125000 damage! You got an item that heals 1000 HP!
    Sehn: (ENEMY) (4) With huge regret, Sehn smacked Plasma for 1000 damage.

—— ATTACKS (RED) ——

RED appears happy with what Sehn did, and decides to go easy on Red, by eating him for 23% HP. Red escapes by ghosting, but still loses that HP.

—— PLAYER LIST ——

- 1000 HP pot
    Pyro: (OFFLINE) 48400/50000
    Red: 32212/50000
    - 500 HP pot
    - 1000 HP pot

—— BOSS LIST ——

RED || 6208166/6666666 HP
    Sehn: 25000/25000 HP

You have 23 days left! Time’s ticking!!! I recommend more players JOIN!!! Please? *whimper*

Plasma... I think ignoring Sehn would be a smart idea. Hopefully he doesn't keep attacking us for 1000 damage.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.