Update Social Media

Discussion in 'Updates' started by Clay, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Clay

Clay Ice Demon Manager Donator 4

Oct 11, 2013
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Clay
    Well, Aurora has been running for four years, and we've grown to have over 200,000 in-game accounts and 600 Discord accounts.

We created social media accounts (namely Twitter and Facebook) back at the very creation of Aurora... but we haven't used it much. We've made a few attempts over the years, but nothing has really caught on.

That said, we figure after four years, we should make a real attempt at actively taking advantage of social media. We are going to be making some much-needed updates to the accounts over the next week and will start adding content fairly often.

That said, we would like to know what kinds of content you would be interesting in seeing, along with any other ideas you would like to see implemented for our social media.

Let us know here what you think!

https://twitter.com/auroraterraria
    https://www.facebook.com/auroraterraria

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Ivy

Ivy Donator [3] Donator 3

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Indonesia, Bekasi
    Terraria Character Name:
    Ivy
    why not have a youtube channel and instagram?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thomas

Thomas Absent Terraria Moderator Donator ☆☆☆

May 22, 2016
    Male
    Sleeping
    Australia
    Terraria Character Name:
    Thomas
    It could include featured builds for the month, monthly stats?, announcements, updates.

4. Clay

Clay Ice Demon Manager Donator 4

Oct 11, 2013
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    Clay
    We do have a Youtube channel as well.

5. Ivy

Ivy Donator [3] Donator 3

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Indonesia, Bekasi
    Terraria Character Name:
    Ivy
    I suggest getting an instagram account, cuz it's easy to get followers there

6. Specter

Specter Baby Auroran

Dec 24, 2017
    Male
    Professional Meme artist
    Southern Ontario canada
    Terraria Character Name:
    Specter
    I have 150 followers on Insta and usually get around 12 likes per photo. I could potentially set up an aurora gaming account on instagram or advertise you guys on my Profile. Instagram is currently the most trendy of all the social medias and you can also show photos of the server too.

7. controlll

controlll Baby Auroran Terraria Helper

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    controlll
    well think of other servers. I'm not saying use copyright or anything but we as a server can use a similar concept. Minigame servers have always been a hit, add underground in an area a couple of minigames that can occasionally happen so that aurora uses can come back onto the server and have something else to do. Like some fun games I have played on other minigame servers, who's the killer, battle royal, tank wars but if you consider tank wars change it up more, ctg, battle dome, and many others. I would love playing these games and I'm sure other users would like to try them out. If you use these ideas make a chat that notify the people like oh hey there are minigames to play here too? This was about social media but maybe you can have tokens for the game? That help unlock stronger weapons that you can use in these minigames. You can make it so that if people follow these social media accounts they get extra tokens. I haven't thought of every possible thing except for tokens and minigame upgrades. The extra content would be amazing but it's your choice- Thank you

8. controlll

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    controlll
    about the social media accounts sorry if these are long. When someone from aurora terraria follows a social media account that benefits you. Have them tweet or reply with there aurora game name. Like if I follow your YouTube and I will just lmk what it is called but say I leave a comment on your video> I subscribed @controlll. This can lyk that this person is supporting the aurora community and you can benefit them in some way. Perhaps you can give away social media shout outs for people who want more followers, etc. All they have to do is stay following this social media account to potentially get one. I am still thinking of ideas I will send more comments when I do

9. PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R

PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R The Elder Plasma Retired

Aug 10, 2014
    Contemplation of nature, living in the infinite.
    Everywhere.
    Terraria Character Name:
    PL45M4 D3V45T4T0R
    Help, I'm a hermit, I don't use social media anyway. Can you tell me how the updates are going, or get another staff member to whisper casually in my ear later?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. controlll

Oct 15, 2017
    Male
    Terraria Character Name:
    controlll
    If I can't keep up with it ill lyk and ask or you can ask a staff on updates about it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1